Thursday, August 25, 2011

Stay Classy San Diego

While in San Diego we also visited Sea World. It was a cool overcast day which turned out to be perfect since we had no lines and good seats at all of the shows and rides.
We of course paid too much for this activity, but I have to say I will do it again for Preston when he is old enough to enjoy it. Feeding and petting the dolphins was a highlight for me and Dallin, and no I won't tell how much it cost or how many fish we got. Just know that memories are priceless.
I was so proud that I got Dallin to go on this ride it is called Journey to Atlantis. This was his first roller coaster. He really actually enjoyed it and we stayed mostly dry. Thanks to the weather we walked on.
Sadly not everyone had such a good time, Janessa's phone got ruined and Melissa was wet the rest of the day.
The Dolphin show was cool and a little Las Vegasish. The boys loved it except that it rained through the whole show and was a little to cool for comfort.
Sea world has a very fun activity area for kids. This was an elevated area with lots of bridges and cargo nets for climbing. We lost Preston several times and I finally had to climb up and join the fun in order to keep tabs on Preston. The boys cried when we had to leave.
Who knew that Sea World was in cahoots with Sesame Street, Preston does love the Elmo.
These three boys were essentially inseparable the entire trip. We are so thankful that Lincoln and his parents were able to come. It would have been far less fun without them.
Whales are amazing and sadly I must admit I came home feeling a little bit more green.
This is Julie pretending to enjoy the ride it turns out she is not so much a fan of the heights and it doesn't help that her idiot husband likes to get the gondola rocking.
Preston enjoying the Polar bear.
Preston pointing out to Julie that not only is he built like the polar bear but he also shares the same hair color (that isn't totally true Preston is a little bit lighter).
The San Diego temple - Julie and I love to see Temples and try to seek them out when possible on trips. The San Diego temple is a unique looking temple as it is the only temple to be designed by someone that is not a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints ( I was told that by a San Diego native Mormon, not my fault if its not true).
Julie and I are so thankful that we were sealed in the temple and are an eternal family. The spirit is strong even when separated by a fence.

1 comment:

  1. Loving all these updates! Looks like such a fun trip, and I must say that Dallin's comment (in your previous post) is priceless. He really does follow in his mom's footsteps! :)

    ReplyDelete