Monday, August 30, 2010

From the Mouth of Babes

So, I need to share some of the things that Dallin has recently shared with our family. Not to brag, but to prepare those of you with younger ones or none ones, or to remind those of you with bigger ones.
1. The previous post talks about how Dallin was ill on our last road trip. Well, one thing it doesn't share is that in our family Sprite is a strong and effective elixir that we purchase for us and our children when we have upset stomachs (no idea how this got started but I received the Sprite therapy from my mother as far back as I can remember). Soda is a rarity in our family so that our kids relish the times they get soda even if they are deathly ill. Well, this picture was taken during a BBQ about ten minutes up the canyon from our house and on the road home there is a gas station that we purchased said Sprite from on our last disease ridden road trip. So on our ride home Dallin pointed out the service station as it came into view and said" Mom, Dad my tummy hurts we better stop at the gas station and get me a Sprite so I can feel better".

2. For FHE last week, we studied Nephi and when his brothers tried to attack him, Nephi's defense was to hold out his hand and shock his brothers with the spirit of the lord. So the next day, Dallin was playing with grandma who was trying to put him in jail. Dallin put forth his hand and warned grandma that he would shock her with the priesthood.

3.When I asked Dallin if he needed any more food for dinner he informed me that " I am full to the brim daddy".

4.So a while ago, Dallin told his Grandma Rust that she was "full of crap". Not our proudest moment to be sure but hard not to laugh about. So we were telling this story to some of our friends when Dallin not to be out done said " mommy you are full of milk for baby"

5.As many may know Preston has a hard time sleeping through the night. So, I went to Dallin for some counsel. I asked "Dallin why doesn't brother like to sleep?" Dallin responded " baby just wants to play in the pool all day dad and can't wait all night." So I asked " then why didn't you sleep very well when you were a baby?" Dallin ponder for a moment and then in his grown up voice responded " daddy I just wanted to play in the lake all day long and didn't want to wait all night".

6.Dallin came in the room Friday night to help me get over my sickness and he had his doctors bag with him, in it he had a stethoscope, syringe, B.P. cuff, mega bubble wand, cell phone, and gun. I was confused about the gun and asked him what the gun was used for. Dallin shocked me when he said " if people don't hold still then I shoot them till they hold still". Then, thinking I should cool things down I asked Dr. Dallin what the phone was for and he again surprised when he stated " if shooting people doesn't make them hold still then I call the police men and they shoot them for me until they hold still".

No comments:

Post a Comment